Hiring a Professional Organizer is a big decision. We're in your homes, and in your lives, like no other profession. It's vital you find someone you feel comfortable with. I always recommend to potential clients that they interview a few options (and of course I recommend they find them on the Tucson Professional Organizers website).
Here's a list of questions the National Association of Organizing and Productivity Professionals (NAPO) has put together to help you find the Professional Organizer that's right for you:
- How long have you been working in the organizing and productivity industry?
- What types of services do you offer?
- Are there areas you specialize in?
- Have you had special training or do you hold any certifications related to your work?
- Please describe your process for helping clients achieve their desired outcomes.
- Please describe a typical working session.
- Will I work directly with you, or will you assign an employee or subcontractor
- What is your fee structure?
- Do you work with a written agreement?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you provide references?
- I have tried to get organized before. How will this be different?
The answers to some of these may be more important than others to you - it's just a starting point. You may want to add some questions of your own, like whether the person has insurance, or is a member of NAPO, or if they have a specific approach they follow. The point is - feel free to ask as many questions as it takes for you to feel comfortable and to make an informed choice.